When will enterprise wake up to MacOS security threat?
"Researchers at AI security vendor Cylance have uncovered a low rent malvertising campaign on Google AdWords that targets high-end MacOS users.
Without wishing to get into the ‘'your Windows machine is a gazillion times less secure than my Mac' nonsense, and whilst admitting that this latest threat requires the end user to download and execute a malicious installer, three words still apply: damn end users.
Actually, let's rephrase that: damn enterprise IT support. Chances are that even if you work in an organisation where Macs are relatively plentiful, the IT support folk will be happier working on the Windows machines and feel a little lost on the Macs.
Isn't it about time that enterprise security got up to speed with the Mac threat?”
• 40% of employers worldwide face talent shortages, driven by IT
• Tesco Bank theft shows need to take cyber security more seriously
• CIOs get strategic as IT budgets stay flat
• The PC is having its mid-life crisis, just a little bit early
• When will enterprise wake up to MacOS security threat?
• Docker, machine learning are top tech trends for 2017
• SAP unveils SAP Hana 2 in-memory database platform
• AI and automation will be far more significant than Brexit
• Government seeks cyber security heroes with retraining courses open to all
• And finally…US election result correctly predicted by AI