Docker, machine learning are top tech trends for 2017
"With 2017 fast approaching, technology trends that will keep gathering steam in the New Year range from augmented and virtual reality to machine intelligence, Docker and microservices, according to technology consulting firm ThoughtWorks.
In its semi-annual Technology Radar report published last week, ThoughtWorks calls out four IT themes growing in prominence:
•Virtual reality (VR) and its cousin, augmented reality (AR).
•Docker as process, PaaS as machine, microservices architecture as programming model.
•The holistic effect of team structure.
The data is based on reports ThoughtWorks' consultants are seeing out in the field.
ThoughtWorks sees natural language processing tools like Nuance Mix and hardware providing for natural interactions having a ‘huge’ impact on AR and VR adoption. AR differs from VR in that users still can see the world around them rather than being completely immersed in a virtual space; of the two, AR is likely to be most interesting to businesses.”
• 40% of employers worldwide face talent shortages, driven by IT
• Tesco Bank theft shows need to take cyber security more seriously
• CIOs get strategic as IT budgets stay flat
• The PC is having its mid-life crisis, just a little bit early
• When will enterprise wake up to MacOS security threat?
• Docker, machine learning are top tech trends for 2017
• SAP unveils SAP Hana 2 in-memory database platform
• AI and automation will be far more significant than Brexit
• Government seeks cyber security heroes with retraining courses open to all
• And finally…US election result correctly predicted by AI