AI and automation will be far more significant than Brexit
"Last month both the UK and US governments published reports on how artificial intelligence (AI) and automation will impact society in the coming years.
It was a landmark moment, thrusting AI into national and political conversations.
At the same time Stephen Hawking, the renowned theoretical physicist, called AI the greatest threat in human history.
While the government reports acknowledge a danger – mainly surrounding job loss and ethical issues – it is not the Skynet scenario Hawking implied with his speech.
However, both he and the government reports believe AI and automation, if monitored closely, will transform not only business operations but the world as we know it.”
• 40% of employers worldwide face talent shortages, driven by IT
• Tesco Bank theft shows need to take cyber security more seriously
• CIOs get strategic as IT budgets stay flat
• The PC is having its mid-life crisis, just a little bit early
• When will enterprise wake up to MacOS security threat?
• Docker, machine learning are top tech trends for 2017
• SAP unveils SAP Hana 2 in-memory database platform
• AI and automation will be far more significant than Brexit
• Government seeks cyber security heroes with retraining courses open to all
• And finally…US election result correctly predicted by AI