And finally…US election result correctly predicted by AI
"An AI known as 'MogIA' has correctly predicted that Donald Trump would win the 2016 US election, giving it four correct US election results in a row.
According to US network CNBC, MogIA uses 20 million data points from online services including Google, Twitter and YouTube to generate its predictions. In addition to predicting the past four US elections, MogIA also correctly guessed the results of the Democratic and Republican primaries.
'While most algorithms suffer from programmers'/developers' biases, MoglA aims at learning from her environment, developing her own rules at the policy layer and develop expert systems without discarding any data,’ Sanjiv Rai, the founder of Indian start-up Genic.ai which developed MogIA, told CNBC.
The system analyses data around public engagement with social media posts relating to candidates. Prior to the election result, it found that Trump's engagement statistics beat even those of President Obama in the last election.”
• 40% of employers worldwide face talent shortages, driven by IT
• Tesco Bank theft shows need to take cyber security more seriously
• CIOs get strategic as IT budgets stay flat
• The PC is having its mid-life crisis, just a little bit early
• When will enterprise wake up to MacOS security threat?
• Docker, machine learning are top tech trends for 2017
• SAP unveils SAP Hana 2 in-memory database platform
• AI and automation will be far more significant than Brexit
• Government seeks cyber security heroes with retraining courses open to all
• And finally…US election result correctly predicted by AI