Gartner's 10 tech predictions that will change IT
"One of the reasons people go to the annual Gartner Symposium ITxpo is to hear Gartner analysts offer predictions for the future. This year was no different and Gartner didn't disappoint, offering predictions and prognostications on a variety of subjects.
One of the most talked about lists of predictions every year is the Top Tech Predictions for IT Organisations and Users. Let's talk about this year's version.
Gartner offered 10 predictions for the next five to six years. These aren't pointed, tactical predictions about how big monitor screens will become or whether the delete key will move from the right side of the keyboard to the left. These are big picture predictions that offer a look into the possibilities of huge trends that will move markets, industries and society.
Are there any interesting trends within the trends? Three stand out.”
• Microsoft enterprise cloud and software pricing to increase in January
• Gartner's 10 tech predictions that will change IT
• Average European firm loses £3 million per year from critical IT events
• IT teams are being pushed to the sidelines
• Industry reaction: UK cyber security strategy
• Just how 'pro' are the new MacBook Pro and Surface Studio? Not very...
• IT spending on ‘innovation’ is now a priority
• Twitter users warned of phishing scam hiding in plain sight as Promoted Tweet
• ICO prepares for post-Brexit GDPR
• And finally…Tech nightmares haunting IT pros this Halloween