Industry reaction: UK cyber security strategy
"The UK government has confirmed nearly £2 billion of investment in cyber security as part of its new cyber security strategy. UK Chancellor Philip Hammond, presenting to Microsoft's Future Decoded conference, made a speech in which he set out the government's landmark cyber security strategy for the next five years.
Industry reaction to the news has so far been in equal parts welcoming and sceptical. Although many greet the investment with open arms, they also express reservations about how the government's great enthusiasm will trickle down into the private sector and civil society.
The £1.9 billion will go towards bolstering public cyber safety and defending critical infrastructure, such as power grids and transport services, from cyber attack.
This includes so-called ‘automated defences' against cyber attack, which will intercept inbound threats.”
• Microsoft enterprise cloud and software pricing to increase in January
• Gartner's 10 tech predictions that will change IT
• Average European firm loses £3 million per year from critical IT events
• IT teams are being pushed to the sidelines
• Industry reaction: UK cyber security strategy
• Just how 'pro' are the new MacBook Pro and Surface Studio? Not very...
• IT spending on ‘innovation’ is now a priority
• Twitter users warned of phishing scam hiding in plain sight as Promoted Tweet
• ICO prepares for post-Brexit GDPR
• And finally…Tech nightmares haunting IT pros this Halloween