IT spending on ‘innovation’ is now a priority
"Businesses are increasing their spending on technology, with cloud services as the big beneficiary.
Hardware and software spending is declining as spending on cloud services rises, particularly on SaaS, according to the most recent annual survey from the Society for Information Management (SIM).
Analytics/business intelligence and cyber security are the top two IT spending priorities, something that has been true for several years. But marching into this mix now is ‘innovation’ spending, an IT category signalling business expectations for IT.
SIM, which surveyed some 1,200 IT managers including 500 CIOs, said that innovation shot up from the eighth most important management concern in 2014, to fourth in 2015 to third this year.”
• Microsoft enterprise cloud and software pricing to increase in January
• Gartner's 10 tech predictions that will change IT
• Average European firm loses £3 million per year from critical IT events
• IT teams are being pushed to the sidelines
• Industry reaction: UK cyber security strategy
• Just how 'pro' are the new MacBook Pro and Surface Studio? Not very...
• IT spending on ‘innovation’ is now a priority
• Twitter users warned of phishing scam hiding in plain sight as Promoted Tweet
• ICO prepares for post-Brexit GDPR
• And finally…Tech nightmares haunting IT pros this Halloween