Office 365 doesn't live up to the hype, says cloud expert
"A cloud expert has said that Office 365 doesn't live up to the hype, and that he needed to buy four additional services just to get it to function as well as Microsoft claims.
Nick Iannou, head of IT at Ratcliffe Groves Partnership, explained that the problem with Software as a Service is getting it to work and cutting through the marketing spiel to see what it actually does.
‘I have four other services working alongside Office 365 just to get it to do what you think it does,’ he said.
‘The SLA does not include spam. So if you want a spam filter that actually works, you pay for it. If you need to archive for compliance purposes, you pay again.
‘If you want detailed reporting, you need something else. People sign up with a credit card and think it all works and it's done. But that's not the reality.’”
• Salary survey shows IT managers command big bonuses
• Looking for a programming job in a big tech firm? Find one by playing games with Code Arcade
• Brexit uncertainty hits UK IT budgets
• Office 365 doesn't live up to the hype, says cloud expert
• These ransomware tricks fool the most hardened security pro
• Mobile devices are hindering IT departments and costing companies
• IT needs to understand users better, says CA Technologies
• A new generation of CIO thinking emerges
• 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data
• And finally…Dear tech industry: stop renaming stuff all the time