Mobile devices are hindering IT departments and costing companies
"In the BYOD era mobile devices are becoming an increasing presence in the workplace.
Bringing your own device is advantageous in a business sense. Employers and employees can stay constantly connected, and can produce work from anywhere in the world (within reason). The ability to be always on, although perhaps not desirable, is vital in improving business operational efficiency.
On the other hand, the massive, global proliferation of mobile devices has created significant challenges for corporate IT security professionals.
BYOD is not going away, it is a product of the time, but it is has created challenges for IT that must be overcome, otherwise business will suffer.”
• Salary survey shows IT managers command big bonuses
• Looking for a programming job in a big tech firm? Find one by playing games with Code Arcade
• Brexit uncertainty hits UK IT budgets
• Office 365 doesn't live up to the hype, says cloud expert
• These ransomware tricks fool the most hardened security pro
• Mobile devices are hindering IT departments and costing companies
• IT needs to understand users better, says CA Technologies
• A new generation of CIO thinking emerges
• 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data
• And finally…Dear tech industry: stop renaming stuff all the time