IT needs to understand users better, says CA Technologies
"IT people know that they need to focus on delivering a good service, but they also need to understand the user experience more closely, according to CA Technologies.
Speaking at Computing's recent Cloud and Infrastructure Summit, Duncan Bradford, vice president EMEA pre-sales, CA Technologies, explained how IT needs to understand both the 'inside out' view and the 'outside in'.
Starting with the former, he explained that IT needs operational agility, to optimise resources in terms of capacity and right-sizing, and to allow innovation.
‘To do that you need to track your SLAs, and have end-to-end view of capacity and performance insight so you can predict what the needs of the business will be,’ said Bradford. ‘With this perspective you can improve things like meantime to repair and reduce the user impact of problems.
‘Once we have all of this under control, then you could say we have the ‘inside-out' view catered for, the view of everything within our data centre,’ he said.”
• Salary survey shows IT managers command big bonuses
• Looking for a programming job in a big tech firm? Find one by playing games with Code Arcade
• Brexit uncertainty hits UK IT budgets
• Office 365 doesn't live up to the hype, says cloud expert
• These ransomware tricks fool the most hardened security pro
• Mobile devices are hindering IT departments and costing companies
• IT needs to understand users better, says CA Technologies
• A new generation of CIO thinking emerges
• 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data
• And finally…Dear tech industry: stop renaming stuff all the time