Android 7.0 Nougat: what business users need to know and when it's coming
"On Monday, Google officially rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat to some Nexus devices. The update brings useful tools for business users who rely on an Android device to get work done.
Like all recent Android updates, Android 7.0 is coming to newer Nexus devices first. That means current generation devices like the Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player and the Pixel C should be receiving over-the-air (OTA) updates starting Monday August 22, with others to follow.
So, when will your phone get the update? That's difficult to say, because non-Nexus devices require the OEM to sign off on it before releasing it to users. Based on this helpful timeline of what happened with the Android 6.0 release, compiled by Android Authority, the best-case scenario might be a month or two, but you could end up waiting around five months or more.
Interestingly, Google also announced a new device coinciding with the release of Nougat. The LG V20 will be the first device released running Nougat right out of the box. Although no specific release date was given, Google said it is ‘coming soon’.”
• Data scientist roles surge by 45% in 2016, UK leads the pack
• A-Level results day: ICT has lowest pass rate in UK
• Government commits to funding for science and tech research after EU split
• Android 7.0 Nougat: what business users need to know and when it's coming
• Nearly two-thirds of IT leaders expect a serious data breach
• Is this really the end for the chief digital officer?
• 85% of organisations lack the skills to manage cloud, finds survey
• Why Google plans to stop supporting your Chromebook after five years
• Unsecure network file folders are 'biggest vulnerability'
• And finally…Blame it on your brain: researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings