65% of IT pros would be grounded by Mum for their messy firewall rules
"Nearly two-thirds (65%) of IT security pros would be grounded in some capacity for the messy state of their firewall rules. Of those, over half or one-third of the total said that if their firewall rules were a teenager's room, Mum would be so angry that they'd be grounded for life.
New research from FireMon was collected at InfoSecurity Europe last month from 300 IT security professionals. The results revealed that 32% claimed that they had inherited over half of the rules they manage from a predecessor and a quarter of security pros confessed to being afraid to turn off rules put in place prior to them managing them. Furthermore, 72% use two or more firewall vendors within their IT environments.
FireMon offered some tips on how to tidy up a firewall policy.”
• Tech is trendy now but hasn’t always been, says Techmums founder
• Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
• Ransomware 2.0 is around the corner and it's a massive threat to the enterprise
• Dropbox boosts business tools with AdminX launch
• Apple and Microsoft top list of 100 most cherished companies
• Why the UK’s technology sector will survive Brexit
• Big-name wireless keyboards vulnerable to keystroke 'sniffing'
• BlackBerry unveils the DTEK50, claims it's 'world's most secure Android smartphone'
• 65% of IT pros would be grounded by Mum for their messy firewall rules
• And finally…11 celebrities who were also inventors