Is Device as a Service the future of workplace IT?
"HP Inc has launched a service to buy and manage fleets of PCs, phones, tablets and other devices for firms.
Companies will be able to sign up for an HP Device as a Service (DaaS) contract that will see the HP purchase, deploy, manage and dispose of the business' fleet of PCs and other devices.
The service is aimed at helping companies do a better job of providing and looking after the increasingly broad mix of PCs, mobile computers and other devices found in the modern workplace.
‘Diversity of mobile devices is literally the new corporate standard,’ said Lionel Lamy, associate VP with analyst house IDC.”
• Top 10 best paid jobs in tech
• The next five technology jobs to be automated out of existence
• Brexit Britain will miss out on EU's €1.8 billion cyber security funding
• Brexit vote has already hurt tech but the next step could be worse
• The strange case of the UK’s missing information commissioner
• Apple winning the enterprise security race, Samsung makes push
• Younger IT workers believe the hype
• 62% of IT leaders expect non-tech people to join their teams soon
• Is Device as a Service the future of workplace IT?
• And finally…Beach reads for techies 2016