Shadow IT grows as IT approval processes are too slow
"Employees are deliberately bypassing IT in adopting applications because IT approval processes are too slow and draconian, according to new research.
In a survey of 500 IT decision makers (ITDMs) and 500 business decision makers (BDMs), IT's self-image as an 'enabler' was contradicted by employees in other parts of the business.
Nearly eight-in-ten BDMs (78%) admitted employees in their department are using cloud services without the IT department knowing, but 77% of ITDMs said they are aware of it.
And more than half (57%) of respondents went as far as saying that shadow IT is happening in at least half of the departments in their enterprise.”
• iOS 10 will make 40% of all iPads obsolete
• Queen’s Birthday Honours list recognises more women in IT
• Microsoft buys LinkedIn
• 36% of organisations have no cyber attack response plan in place
• Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
• Brexit and the GDPR – why leaving the EU will make life harder for enterprises
• Finger pointed at web browsers over password mega-leaks
• Shadow IT grows as IT approval processes are too slow
• More firms are planning, adopting and successfully implementing DevOps
• And finally…Euro 2016: top 10 football technologies we want to see to improve the beautiful game