Businesses must address digital transformation security risks, says analyst
"Businesses need to recognise that the process of digital transformation will affect all of their major areas, creating new security problems as once separate systems are connected in new ways, said Martin Kuppinger, principal analyst at KuppingerCole.
'Just about everything companies do in terms of digital transformation means that all these new information security risks are effectively business risks,’ he told ComputerWeekly. ‘Sensors in the production line, for example, are now being connected to business processes for the first time.’
Kuppinger said companies need to recognise that business transformation and information security are connected, and this means ‘we have to do information security differently’.
‘When organisations look at digital transformation, they need to restructure so that information security is responsible for the security of everything, including the Internet of Things (IoT), the organisation’s operational technology (OT) and the business,’ said Kuppinger.”
• UK companies think they’re more secure than a year ago
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016 launches June 1
• Internet Explorer, the second-place web browser
• iPaaS: what this cloud technology is and why it’s important
• Google denies email injection flaw can bypass filters and pwn users
• Report says criminals are better communicators than IT staffers
• Ellen Pao launches diversity group led by women in tech
• Companies are throwing money at data scientists but don't know what to do with them, claims Lenovo
• Businesses must address digital transformation security risks, says analyst
• And finally…10-year-old wins $10,000 after hacking Instagram