Apple wins the battle for enterprise hearts and minds
"When IDC and Gartner tell us PC sales are slumping while Apple's remain steady you know something's changed. They've changed dramatically, according to the latest data from JAMF Software's latest survey, which shows that 75% of employees will choose a Mac if they get the opportunity to choose.
Apple is now the platform of choice across the enterprise. It’s a pattern that’s consistent with last year’s 2015 Apple Trends Survey that revealed a similar transformation in the AAPL enterprise place.
A few highlights from the report are:
- 75% choose Mac over PC, with ‘ease of use’ cited as the top reason for this choice (43%).
- 79% choose iOS as their mobile device operating system of choice, with ‘ease of use’ cited as the top reason (41%).
Some argue that offering employees the choice of which platform to use is unnecessary, insisting workers will do as they are told. This authoritarian position is utterly irrelevant to the needs and expectations of today’s incoming workers (so-called Millennials). A PwC report confirms millennials ‘expect the technologies that empower their personal lives to also drive communication and innovation in the workplace’.”
• Over a third of UK IT professionals haven't received any training in three years
• Lack of career progression pushes IT workers to shop around for jobs
• Firms can't escape yoke of new data protection rules even if UK leaves Europe
• No. 1 thing IT departments can learn from the Panama Papers hack
• Apple wins the battle for enterprise hearts and minds
• IT departments suffer from reverse skills gap
• Forecast decline in global IT spending will force CIOs to get smart with budgets
• Reports find high security risks among policies for third-party vendors
• Bring on the DevOps, say IT support managers
• And finally…Man destroys web hosting business with careless five-character Bash command