50% of IT pros find themselves overwhelmed by patch volume
"Half of IT professionals are having a hard time keeping up with enterprise patching.
Dimensional Research and Tripwire's Vulnerability and Exposure Research Team (VERT) studied 480 IT pros involved in patch management and assessed enterprise patch volume and installation trends.
Patch management is critical for lowering security risk for enterprise IT systems, however half of the respondents find it difficult to keep up with or feel overwhelmed with the amount of patches.
Half of respondents feel that client-side patches are released at an unmanageable rate. 50% also feel that their IT teams don't comprehend the difference between applying a patch and fixing a vulnerability.
Sometimes, 67% say, they don't understand which patch needs to be applied to which system. 86% said that embedded products such as Adobe Flash patches released with Google Chrome updates make it more difficult to understand the impact of a patch.”
• You'll never be a captain of industry with Computer Science, says MP
• Google: we'll pay $100,000 if you can hack a Chromebook remotely
• 50% of IT pros find themselves overwhelmed by patch volume
• One-in-three developers fear AI will replace them
• IT decision makers admit they need to do more to protect data
• Poll: 70% of UK tech firms support remaining in the EU
• Skype for Business will give businesses Surface Hub-like collaboration on a budget
• Can you use the Raspberry Pi 3 as your work PC?
• Cloud providers and customers must change to comply with new EU regulations
• And finally…The best of Siri: 11 funny responses from the iPhone's virtual assistant