Security concerns continue amid cloud adoption
"The Internet of Things (IoT) generates a lot of data, which organisations can store in the cloud. But how are they keeping it all safe?
Many companies are realising they face this challenge and are ramping up efforts to improve data security as they embrace new platforms, including IoT and cloud-based applications, according to a recent survey conducted by 451 Research.
The survey, sponsored by data and cloud security vendor Vormetric, polled 1,114 senior IT executives, representing companies ranging from $50 million to more than $2 billion in annual sales.
More than 80% of respondents said they plan to store data in ‘new technology environments’, defined as cloud, big data or IoT. Of those, the vast majority (85%) said they were ‘concerned’ or ‘very concerned’ about security in the cloud.”
• Tech leaders back David Cameron's pro-EU campaign
• Developers in demand but big data analysts rake in the cash
• Microsoft unveils Windows 10 feature to stymie advanced hack attacks
• Security concerns continue amid cloud adoption
• How do you define great IT leadership?
• UK 'lags behind' Europe in digital performance
• Shadow IT? Blame the IT department for lack of support for new ways of working
• Industry failing to understand malware lifecycle
• Business tech is dragging behind consumer tech, say UK workers
• And finally…Humans will follow a robot in an emergency – even if it's to their doom