Implement an internal social media channel: add this to your IT to-do list today
"For the past several years, corporate managers have experimented with social media engagement that enables employees and customers to participate; they have also endured the misfirings and blunders that inevitably occurred. Accordingly, companies have been busy revising how they engage their customers in social media and also which employees they choose to serve as mouthpieces for their social media outlets.
The growth of social media within corporate walls for purposes of employee collaboration, instant messaging, training, career development and other communications is strong. These ‘inside’ enterprise social channels are principally being used by companies that are upgrading aging HR and human capital management (HCM) software. Some managers report that implementing internal social media channels improves the work environment, helps employees find experts across the company, enables employee learning and development, and speeds the completion of projects.”
- Microsoft, Google and Yahoo customers suffer most in century of outages
- BlackBerry unveils the Leap – a low-cost five-inch all-touch smartphone
- The end is nigh for Windows Server 2003 – are you ready?
- Serious FREAK flaw could undermine the web's encryption
- Corporate IT failing to meet employee needs
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
- Implement an internal social media channel: add this to your IT to-do list today
- Companies really want Linux-savvy employees and they want them now
- Tech firms create 'ACE' standards for enterprise apps
- And finally…Leonard Nimoy, 83: techies, trekkies mourn