Facebook at Work to offer enterprise version for business networking
"Facebook is reportedly working on an office or enterprise version of the social network to bring the freedom of chat and communication to the workplace without the consumer themes and overtones.
Sources close to the plans told the Financial Times (paywalled) that Facebook at Work will look and act like the consumer version, but will be firmly aimed at employees and business users.
Facebook has made no official announcement of the service, but social networking and the office have been blurring for some time.
Twitter has made a move in this direction with an analytics feature, and Microsoft has pulled social features into its Office software and applications.
The Financial Times said that Facebook at Work has been tested and trialled internally for some time, and is already in use at a number of organisations.”
- Big data survey: trouble brewing for IT
- Firms save more by cutting supplier costs than by laying off IT staff, says research
- Why tablets are the 'sweet spot' of BYOD
- IT staff not up to speed on EU Data Protection Regulation
- IT contractors set for pay bonanza
- 'We'll hire hackers' to solve cyber skills crisis say over half of UK firms
- CIOs will kill off chief digital officers in 2015, Forrester predicts
- Facebook at Work to offer enterprise version for business networking
- Attackers increasingly targeting Apple users
- And finally…Microsoft patches bug from previous century