New hosted desktop service aims to bypass IT departments
“IT consultancy firm Northdoor has launched a new service that combines Windows Azure and Citrix technology to deliver hosted desktops to SMBs.
Dubbed WeWorkEverywhere, the offering is a new brand as well as a new service, according to Richard Reggel, head of cloud services at WeWorkEverywhere.
'The message we are taking to market is not for IT departments (Northdoor's traditional audience), it is SMB... business user-focused,' he said.
Reggel said Northdoor had previously turned down SMBs wanting to procure a hosted desktop service from the organisation as it was ‘very expensive’.
However, due to the level of interest received, the company decided ‘to bring to market something that makes it very easy to go to the cloud’.
‘Quite often is out of reach for SMBs because of resource limitations,’ said Reggel.”
- iPad Air sets new standard for business tablets
- Top five technology trends that will 'reset' IT in 2014
- Microsoft retracts Windows 7 PC end-of-sales deadline
- CFOs 'frustrated' about IT costs and lack of insight into their business
- Adobe Flash, PDF and Oracle Java ‘most dangerous’ file types
- Government seeks deputy CTO
- Cloud pricing guidebook launched to assist C-suite execs
- New hosted desktop service aims to bypass IT departments
- WAN to watch
- And finally…Six great analogue geek gift ideas for your 2013 Christmas buying frenzy