Top 10 collaboration pitfalls: and how to avoid them
Virtual collaboration has shot up the IT agenda in recent months, thanks to its potential to enable employees to communicate and work with each other, irrespective of time or location and with no loss of productivity or effectiveness.
In particular, businesses are recognising the growing importance of effective communication, both across and beyond the enterprise, especially in enabling them to respond quickly to changing customer needs.
However, as with other tools that can potentially drive real business improvement, it’s all too easy to get carried away with the hype around collaboration and fail to get the basics right in defining and implementing the most appropriate solution.
So what are some of the major pitfalls to avoid?
- England’s IT-based skills ‘significantly lower’ than OECD average
- BYOD trend will be self-defeating as firms insist on control
- Office for iPad promise after touch-first apps hit Windows
- Five things you must do now to prepare for the end of BlackBerry
- Microsoft pays hacker big money to find security flaws
- Big data governance moves up the IT agenda
- Smart machines: will they take your job?
- Businesses seek out data scientists to support big data initiatives
- Top 10 collaboration pitfalls: and how to avoid them
- And finally…Seven top wishes of IT project managers