Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview released
“Microsoft has released its Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview, a month after the consumer preview was made available for the revamped operating system.
Redmond is encouraging businesses to try out the enterprise preview update and it is available to download here.
The software giant showcased a lot of the business-friendly features Windows 8.1 Enterprise will offer at its recent TechEd conference in New Orleans.
As reported by IT Pro at the time, these include the introduction of the Assigned Access feature, which will only let certain users boot to a specific application once they’ve logged into the device.
Business users will also be able to make use of Near-Field Communications (NFC) technology to connect to compatible endpoints, including printers, and make them interact with their Windows 8.1 device.”
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview released
- Have you got what it takes to be a six-dimensional CIO?
- Google Apps for Business security boosted with email alerts
- Internet of Things set to play key role in business
- Windows XP migration: reassess your desktop IT strategy
- 'Security? We've heard of it': cloud contracts hazy on security, says Gartner
- Chromebooks ready for enterprises, Forrester says
- Chief digital officer: hot new tech title or flash in the pan?
- Coming out of the shadows
- And finally…Summer travel technology: how to avoid digital dangers