Windows XP migration: reassess your desktop IT strategy
“The cost of PCs has remained pretty stable over the past year, but people are expected to pay a big premium for hybrid devices. Is it time to rethink desktop IT?
PC market share data shows businesses are buying fewer laptops and desktops. PC shipments in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) declined 16.8% in the second quarter of 2013, compared with the same quarter last year, according to Gartner.
Apart from the immovable deadline of 8 April 2014, when Windows XP support ends, businesses have little incentive to buy new hardware.”
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview released
- Have you got what it takes to be a six-dimensional CIO?
- Google Apps for Business security boosted with email alerts
- Internet of Things set to play key role in business
- Windows XP migration: reassess your desktop IT strategy
- 'Security? We've heard of it': cloud contracts hazy on security, says Gartner
- Chromebooks ready for enterprises, Forrester says
- Chief digital officer: hot new tech title or flash in the pan?
- Coming out of the shadows
- And finally…Summer travel technology: how to avoid digital dangers