Wordpress data leakage risk flagged by security researcher
“Researchers have highlighted a flaw in the Wordpress content management system that could put millions of users at risk of data leakage.
According to a report by security firm Whitehat, the blogging platform may not completely protect media files uploaded to sites in the same way it safeguards text, which could potentially leave a listed company at risk of insider trading or a design firm to copyright theft.
WhiteHat Security technical evangelist Robert Hansen said the flaw is down to how Wordpress assigns URLs.
This could make it easy for attackers to guess which files and attachments are for postings that have not gone live or been approved, it is feared.”
- Employees are the biggest threat to cyber security, says report
- Top iPad apps for IT managers
- Wordpress data leakage risk flagged by security researcher
- 10 IT leaders to follow on Twitter
- Majority of firms vulnerable to BYOD risks
- Women don’t realise just how good they are, survey reveals
- Outsourcing, adieu: companies retake the reins on IT services
- Network infrastructure: are your SLAs letting you down?
- BYOD: getting it virtually right
- And finally…Top 10 ways to keep your computer cool as the UK heats up