Windows 8.1 preview released
"The Windows 8.1 preview is now officially available to download, with Microsoft expected to roll out the finished version of the product in the autumn.
The software giant showed off the new release at its Build developer conference in San Francisco last week, describing it as a more refined version of Windows 8.
The preview version of the OS is available to download here.
During the event’s opening keynote, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer confirmed the release will mark the return of the much-missed Start button, and that users will find it easier to switch between the desktop and modern user interfaces.”
- John Lewis chairman says firms must learn to take no for an answer from their IT chiefs
- UK IT job market shows growth
- Windows 8.1 preview released
- IT departments failing to protect sensitive data on mobile devices
- Digital leadership: do CIOs have it in them?
- BYOD leads to widespread security threats to companies, shows research
- IT operations is king: how to find the best people
- Internet of Things will reshape CIO agendas
- Is the time for anti-virus software past?
- And finally…Angry football fans aiming cyber attacks at UEFA website