Windows Blue (8.1) release date, price and features
“Windows Blue is the codename for Microsoft's first major upgrade to the Windows 8 desktop operating system.
The launch of Blue will mark a change in strategy for Microsoft. Instead of releasing new editions of Windows after lengthy development cycles, going forward Redmond is expected to refresh its OS on a yearly basis. Blue will offer much more than a traditional 'Service Pack', making it comparable to Apple's annual OS X updates.
Microsoft will not release the the software under the name ‘Windows Blue’. Screenshots of a leaked build at the end of March all but confirmed the software will simply be officially known as Windows 8.1 upon release. Microsoft has taken a similar strategy for its other core products. The Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8 operating systems were codenamed ‘Mango’ and ‘Apollo’, respectively.
Known as ‘Build 9364’, the leaked code included key features which are expected to make the final release.”
- Windows Blue (8.1) release date, price and features
- Renegade business execs driving IT strategy, report says
- Government pumps £7.5m into cyber security training centres
- IT projects: why you need to fail more often
- HP turns to design for reversal of PC fortunes
- HANA should be used as a catalyst to consolidate licences and save billions
- IT's self image needs work, Cisco study shows
- Information assurance certification gives SMEs the edge
- Diving into the storage pool
- And finally…Why, at least sometimes, we love our users