HP turns to design for reversal of PC fortunes
“Hewlett-Packard is barely holding on to the top spot in the laptop and desktop market, but hopes a renewed vigour regarding product design will help reverse the fortunes of its PC business.
The company is standardising the design and features in its laptops and tablets to help customers identify its products and also to cut manufacturing costs. Similar to Apple's strategy, HP is standardising on materials, colours, designs and features, which were inconsistent across consumer and enterprise product lines.
HP had silos for products, with each family having different philosophies, colours and designs, said Chad Paris, creative lead of notebook product design at the global business unit.
‘In looking at that, nothing said to me it is HP,’ Paris said.”
- Windows Blue (8.1) release date, price and features
- Renegade business execs driving IT strategy, report says
- Government pumps £7.5m into cyber security training centres
- IT projects: why you need to fail more often
- HP turns to design for reversal of PC fortunes
- HANA should be used as a catalyst to consolidate licences and save billions
- IT's self image needs work, Cisco study shows
- Information assurance certification gives SMEs the edge
- Diving into the storage pool
- And finally…Why, at least sometimes, we love our users