Almost half of IT pros unaware of EU 20-20-20 energy directive
“Over 40% of data centre IT professionals are unaware of the recent EU 20-20-20 Renewable Energy Directive, although their firms still seem to be blindly working towards complying with it.
EU climate and energy targets aim to transform Europe into an energy-efficient, low carbon economy. The Directive supports targets that by 2020 there will be a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions of at least 20% below 1990 levels, and that 20% of energy consumption will come from renewable resources.
In addition there should be a 20% reduction in primary energy use compared with projected levels.
Data centre energy efficiency company Emerson Network Power surveyed 340 data centre IT pros across Europe to test their awareness of the Directive and the actions they had taken to make their organisations more energy efficient.”
- UK CIO salaries strong despite recession, study says
- Microsoft Surface Pro ‘almost impossible to repair’
- Top 10 security tips to protect your firm from cyber woes
- Almost half of IT pros unaware of EU 20-20-20 energy directive
- Security flaw puts Adobe Acrobat and Reader users at risk
- Top 10 mobile business intelligence apps
- End of XP support: why so many CIOs are still not ready
- Big data a solution looking for a problem, analysts say
- Top tips for bolting down BYOD
- And finally…Will Apple's plans for an iWatch herald a new era of wearable tech?